[Oberon] Rollback to old object file format

Ulrike Glavitsch ulrike.glavitsch at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 3 16:59:59 CEST 2006

Dear Bluebottle users,

the changes in the compiler due to the new object file format (*.Bbx)
made Bluebottle a less stable system than it was before Dec. 13, 05.
This is why we decided to undo these changes and publish a Bluebottle
release with still the old object file format (*.Obx).
A new release of Bluebottle as of April 3, 2006 is available for
download. It uses the old object file format (*.Obx) but contains all
new changes, corrections, modifications described in the change log
since Dec. 13, 05 that are not related to this rollback.

We know that the current release is still suboptimal what memory
consumption is concerned. However, with this release it is possible to
compile large modules without getting traps and to build new releases in
the order of a few minutes. It makes working with the system more
comfortable again.

Best regards and good luck with the new release

Ulla Glavitsch

--
ETH Zürich
Ulrike Glavitsch Eggler