[Oberon] Building Oberon0.dsk

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Fri Apr 14 19:24:03 CEST 2006

Op Friday 14 April 2006 15:52 schreef Paul Reed:

 > BTW, was a reply forthcoming from Mr. Negroponte?

Here is a copy of that message:

Fat Linux
From: jan verhoeven
To: nicholas @ media . mit . edu
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:31:48 +0200

Nicholas,

Right you are. Linux is too fat for the OLPC computer like Windows.

There is an alternative, although it is not 'ready' yet: Oberon

This lean operating system still fits on a single floppy disk. We have
it on sourceforge at the moment.

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/nativeoberon

Take a look and be surprised. This -is- what Linux -used to be-.

Make drivers for the OLPC (one standard I guess) and make some more
applications and you're ready to go. Oberon is written in Oberon
(http://www.oberon.ethz.ch) a true object oriented language without the
intrinsic security leaks of C++.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten