[Oberon] filesystem with directories ?

Jack Johnson knapjack at gmail.com
Thu May 4 22:06:52 CEST 2006

On 5/4/06, W B Hacker <wbh at conducive.org> wrote:
> ISTR  Signetics "Logic Designer's Casebook" (or whatever that
> huge white book was called) showing circuitry for "content
> addressable memory"

Wikipedia has an entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_addressable_memory

and at at first glance, here's a possible filesystem based on some of
the concepts:

http://www.cse.psu.edu/~vilayann/capfs/

and another:

http://lwn.net/Articles/145194/

and, hey, maybe I'm not a complete idiot:

"What git offers is a content-addressable object filesystem. If you
store a file in git, it does not really have a name; instead, it can
be looked up using its contents (as represented by an SHA hash). A
hierarchical grouping of files - a particular kernel release, for
example - is represented by a separate "tree" object listing which
files are part of the group and where they are to be found. Files do
not have any history - they simply exist or not, and two versions of
the same file are only linked by virtue of being in the same place in
two different tree objects."

More info on git:

http://kerneltrap.org/files/Jeremy/README

(Thanks, Google)