[Oberon] Re. forwarding an emessage

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Thu Jul 13 16:01:28 CEST 2006

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca wrote:

> Can anyone recommend an efficient way of
> forwarding an emessage which has one or
> more attachments?
>
> If I readdress the incoming message in
> its viewer, critical information from the
> header will be lost.  Any clever methods
> other than copying from MailMessages to
> the new message viewer?

BTW Hex.Open ^  is good to see the real bytes.

I've never posted an attatchment and I get annoyed when I
receive them without good reason.

I use the lowest-tech:
 TextMail.Send  to send  and
TextMail.Directory to receive.

But I have seen mention of facilities to send attatchments with
N-O's 'mail-panel[s]'.

If the attachment which you receive [via the mail-panel] goes to
a *.Temp, like eg. gif.Temp ...etc. does, then provided you don't
load it to a frame and re-save it, it doesn't mess the 'header'.
Ie. the original binary is retained.

For my primitive method: via TextMail.* , I'd just paste my
text above the original attachment [with it's header].
eg. original receipt has:
1. email header
2. text from sender
3. standard 'header' of base64
4. actual lines of encoded base64
5. tail 'marker ' of encoded base64

I'd just replace 1 & 2.   And self-send as a test.

If you already can send an attachment, then you could simply
decode the received attachment to ascii and send THAT as a
new attatchment.   Ie. make the attachment an 'original' and
re-attach it.

If your've got many to do, best write an "ET.Do script".

== Chris Glur.