[Oberon] Strange ET* effect ?!

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Tue Aug 22 05:30:46 CEST 2006

I didn't [yet] bother to analyse the source code, because
there may be a good reason for this effect.
Perhaps I don't realise it's a feature ?

Test:
1. Edit.Open File in SystemTrack
2. mark <F1> the FileViewer
3. exectute ET.Init * ; to replace the Edit-object with
 an ET-object. Or is it better to consider Edit as being
  extended ?
4. note that the viewer has no 'Search' facility ?!
5. If the File is Edit.Open'ed in the UserTrack the
search facility with associated-command is retained,
as expected.

In fact the above is not exactly correct, the search
facility exists. As can be demonstrated by using
   ET.Search  *
But the frame menue has been [too] smart, and
skipped the 'ET.Search' label "because it has less
space" -- or something ?

Is this unexpected [for me] behavior documented ?

== Chris Glur.