[Oberon] Linux port of Bluebottle
fld at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Thu Aug 24 15:12:21 CEST 2006
Am Sonntag 14 Mai 2006 12:44 schrieb paul provoost:
> Hi all,
> I am also interested in a Linux port of Bluebottle.
> Anyone else?
> Who could do such a port?
Just to let you know.
I have started to work on it and the first steps are done. I'm
doing the work on a Solaris x86 box but the port to Linux and/or
MacOSX (x86) will affect only 3 modules.
The following has been achieved so far:
- switched from NO to the Aos Compiler (diff. object format)
- GC knows protected objects now
- Unix versions of AosOut, AosModules, AosLoader and AosActive
- Main thread mutated to the first active object.
- AosDisplays and X11 display driver pluging
- AosFS and UnixFiles plugin
- Module Input no longer depends on Oberon module Display. This was done
to make Input usable without the Oberon system.
- Display speed improved by removing lots of mutex calls.
The whole Native Oberon system works stable in this new environment.
More information about the Oberon