Antwort: Re: [Oberon] Problem with AOS user interface

Edgar Schwarz Edgar.Schwarz at marconi.com
Thu Nov 23 15:18:16 MET 2006

Hi John,

I don't have your problem :-)
I routinely use Dexpot which gives me 2 virtual desktops on my Windows.
So I can switch  with Alt-1/2 between my virtual screens with AOS claiming
a complete desktop.
Now, if I had a graphics card with two outputs perhaps Windows and WinAos
could even run side by side ....

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Edgar Schwarz

--
Edgar.Schwarz at marconi.com, Postf. 1920, D-71509 Backnang,+49 7191 13 3382,
Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler (A.Einstein)

                              Felix Friedrich
                              <felix.friedric         An:      ETH Oberon and related systems
                              h at inf.ethz.ch>           <oberon at lists.inf.ethz.ch>
                              Gesendet von:           Kopie:
                              oberon-bounces@         Blindkopie:
                              lists.inf.ethz.         Thema:   Re: [Oberon] Problem with AOS user interface
                              ch

                              23.11.2006
                              15:07
                              Bitte antworten
                              an ETH Oberon
                              and related
                              systems

Dear John,
unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem on my Windows: the taskbar
hides whenever I open WinAos (yes, I do know how to set up the options
of the Taskbar).

But there might nevertheless be a very simple solution to your problem
(apart from that you can zoom and scroll using the Menu-Key together
with the keys Page-Up/Page-Down, the cursor keys and keys "1"- "9").

Open the file Aos.Text (located in your WinAos folder) with a text editor.
Then remove the word "Fullscreen" from the "cmd=..." line.
the file should then roughly contain :

Paths.Search="Work;Obj;Aos;Src;Doc.vy.ants"
Paths.Work="Work"
Defaults.Extension=".Obw"
oberon="Oberon.Text"
cmd="SEQ Win32AosDisplay.Install;WindowManager.Install;Autostart.Run"
cmd="SEQ Oberon.DoStart"
~

Opening WinAos will now show a maximized window, which should fill the
screen but not "underlap" the Taskbar.
Does it work?

Meanwhile I try to find a Windows system, which does not auto-hide the
taskbar and try to resolve the general problem there.

Thanks for the report,
Felix.