AW: [Oberon] USB CD Boot

Stauber Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 5 22:24:21 MET 2007

Hi,

The USB storage driver assumes that boot devices use the bulk only transport protocol. If your CD-ROM uses another transport protocol, you won't be able to boot Bluebottle from it.
To see what transport protocol is used by your CD-ROM, boot Bluebottle from another device, attach the USB CD-ROM and open the Startmenu->Inpect->UsbViewer. Press the Detailed button in the window and look for the CD-ROM device. You should find the entry describing the USB interface of the mass storage device (bInterfaceClass is 08h). There's a field bInterfaceProtocol that tells you what kind of transport protocol is used (bulk only is 50h).

I would appreciate if you tell me whether the transport protocol is the problem.

Regards,
Sven Stauber