Re: AW: [Oberon] Problem with USB on ASUS P5WD2 (Intel 955X chipset)

Yaroslav Romanchenko tobject at bk.ru
Wed Jan 10 14:42:57 MET 2007

Hi!

> A question regarding your USB problem: Do mass storage devices work using the UHCI driver?
> To check this, don't connect any mass storage devices, execute S.Free AosUsbEhci ~ to unload the EHCI host controller driver and then test whether USB mass storage devices work.

At first I attempt to connect USB-stick. The error message appeared:

AosUsbEhci: USBHC0 (USB Enhanced Host Controller): Serious error. Please restart the EHCI driver: [HC halted]
AosUsbHubDriver: Root Hub USBHC0 (USB Enhanced Host Controller): InquiryDevice: Read first 8 bytes of device descriptor failed.
AosUsbEhci: USBHC0 (USB Enhanced Host Controller): Could not disable async schedule.
AosUsbHubDriver: Root Hub USBHC0 (USB Enhanced Host Controller): Failed to inquiry addressed device at port 5

Then I unloaded the AosUsbEhci driver:

S.Free AosUsbEhci~
Unloading AosUsbEhciAosUsbHubDriver: Root Hub USBHC0 (USB Enhanced Host Controller): Disconnected.
 done.

At once after unloading of the AosUsbEhci driver this report appears:

AosUsbHubDriver: Warning: Connected high-speed capable device to low-/full-speed controller.
AosUsbHubDriver: Root Hub USBHC2 (UHCI USB Host Controller): GetStatus request failed.
AosUsbHubDriver: SanDisk Corporation Cruzer Crossfire attached to USBHC2 port 1.
{P0 AosDriverDatabase: Loading USB Mass-Storage class driver}
AosUsb: Driver UsbStorage (USB Mass Storage Driver) has been added.
AosUsbStorage: Storage device USB0 (SanDisk Cruzer Crossfire) is now accessible.

I mounted the partition USB0#1 and then "Partitions" => "Check" in Partition Manager Tool worked fine.

---
Cheers, SAGE
http://sage.h15.ru/