[Oberon] Status quo?

Andreas KäŠnner andreas at kaenner.de
Wed Feb 14 13:51:13 MET 2007

Hi,

I'm a Objective-C / Cocoa developer by trade. In my spare time I look
into other programming languages as well. Now I found Oberon and I think
it is amazing.
I have some questions, which I hope will be answered by someone on this
list:

- is there something like an active developer community?
- is Oberon mainly an academic or a commercial  endeavour or is it
driven by an Open Source community?
- if someone wants to start programming in Oberon which environment do
you suggest? (In respect to support from the community)

Thank you,

Andreas Känner