[Oberon] [BlackBox] Recent Files Link

Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net
Sun Feb 18 03:06:58 MET 2007

I want to create a windows shortcut from within BlackBox.

I have read the MSDN information on SHAddToRecentDocs, which is a
WinAPI call to add a shortcut to the recent documents list.  I cannot
find any evidence of this in the (Win)API.odc file.

I have also found a C++ entry for IShellLink::GetDescription that is a
more general way to make windows shortcuts.  There is a C++ utility
using this described at
http://www.flexhex.com/docs/articles/hard-links.phtml#softlinks and
the source is available.  I read C++ much more slowly than Oberon, and
haven't digested this yet.

I have also noticed that when I go to the Files menu and select open,
then doubleclick on a file name to open it in blackbox, the recent
files list is updated.  I can't find anything in HostFiles that seems
at all related to this, so I wonder if it is some side-effect buried
deep in windows.

I don't know how to access a C++ method in Blackbox, and I haven't dug
through to find out how to modify WinAPI to have this call available.

Has anyone else worked on this?

--
-- Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.