[Oberon] Re^2: RX.Tool scope limited to 1 line ?

Easthope peasthope at cablelan.net
Fri Mar 9 18:38:25 MET 2007

Chris,

cg> Can this utility eg. find and remove all such 4 lines from
a marked frame:

<anyString> <space> "cat" <anyString>
<anyString for line 2>
<anyString for line 3>
<anyString> <space> "dog"

?

Yes, I expect that Regul can do it ... but I've never
tried a similar problem.

Incidently, if the literals are enclosed with " ", the
names needn't be enclosed with < >.  Conversely,
if the names are in < >, then the literals, except for
the blank, needn't be enclosed.  So these are two
simpler notations with the same meaning.

String " cat" String EOL
String EOL
String EOL
String " dog"

<String> " " cat <String> <EOL>
<String> <EOL>
<String> <EOL>
<String> " " dog

Gerard has made improvements since the release
of Babel/Regul which I used last.  Would be best
to get the improvements but I don't know the
release status.

Regards,        ... Peter E.