[Oberon] Last changed: April 3, 2007 - could it be a diploma thesis?

Jürg Koch juergkoch at bluewin.ch
Sat Apr 28 01:47:59 MEST 2007

Dear oberoners
I've been following this list over years, because the project keeps me
fascinated.
I had Bluebottle up and running in 2002. Fine thing! Five years ago
(this is no joke), it gave me nevertheless the impression that it
demanded to much on hardware compared to the benefit it would give over
native oberon. So I kept waiting for the next release of native oberon,
announced for early 2003... (Do I have to tell you, how it feels to read
the same announcement in 2007, still active on the net?)
Well, since the old days (?), things have changed on the hardware side:
A whole Rucksack-charge of floppies takes place on a memory-card by the
size of a stamp. And it's all incredibly and insanly cheap!
What awakened my attention is the discussion about AOS running on ARM.
Just the old boy's dream: have oberon on my psion!
-> Give it a new try!
Back on www.oberon.ethz.ch in 2007 feels familiar, too familiar. Frank