AW: AW: [Oberon] USB usage

Stauber Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 8 13:50:14 MEST 2007

Dear Peter,

Hang at system reboot: This happens when a module termination handler traps and therefore depends on what modules are loaded. On our maschines, the reboot works. The only way to find the module that causes the hang in a reasonable time is tracing using a serial port... If you have loaded some modules that aren't loaded by default (Crazy Fresh Release), you could try to reboot without these modules being loaded.

AosPCITools.Scan: This is a AOS command. If you want to use this under Oberon, you need to call it using "Aos.Call AosPCITools.Scan ~". You can, however, use the command PCITools.Scan under Oberon.

USB: The USB OHCI host controller driver fails to load because it expects that the host controller has bus mastering enabled.
Background: Most PCI drivers in AOS expect that the BIOS has already configured the PCI devices, i.e. assigned a I/Obase address, IRQ, ...
I haven't seen any USB host controller up to now for which bus mastering is not enabled at system startup, therefore the AOS driver does not enable it.

As a first step, have a look in the BIOS setup of your computer. If you find something like "Plug and Play OS", try to set it to "No" (BIOS shall configure devices). If you find something like "USB legacy support", try to set it to "Yes".

If this doesn't solve the problem, please send me the output of PCITools.Scan (or AosPCITools.Scan).

Regards,
Sven Stauber