[Oberon] Unix Port of Aos

Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net
Sat Jun 30 21:46:25 MEST 2007

Edit the binary.  Put the shorter string at the beginning, and the
terminator character.  The remaining fill should not matter.  Do check
for a string length byte while you're looking at the hex.

On 6/30/07, R. Clayton <rvclayton at acm.org> wrote:
> On an x86 debian testing system (updated weekly), the second alpha release of
> UnixAos doesn't find libc.so:
>
>   $ ~/projects/Aos/package/bin/aos
>   UnixAos Boot Loader 03.04.2007
>   Unix.dlopen: loading library /lib/libc.so failed
>   Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing Threads
>   Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing Reals
>   [ and so on ]
>
> Given that
>
>   $ locate libc.so
>   /lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
>   /lib/libc.so.6
>   /usr/lib/libc.so
>
>   $
>
> poking around in src/x86/Linux/Unix.Mod suggests that replacing
>
>   libc := Dlopen("/lib/libc.so", 2);
>
> with
>
>   libc := Dlopen("libc.so", 2);
>
> should fix it, but I don't know how to incoproate the change into the
> executable to test it.

-- Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.