[Oberon] Unix Port of Aos (Linux/Solaris/MacOS)

Guenter Feldmann fld at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Sun Jul 1 19:46:02 MEST 2007

Am Freitag 29 Juni 2007 21:17 schrieb Brantley Coile:
> Guenter,
> I loaded the Active Oberon system on a MAC MINI (Intel) with
> uname -a of
>
> Darwin coaster.coraid.com 8.10.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; root:xnu-792.22.5~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386
>
> It seems to hang when I try to compile using any of the compilers.
> Here's the contents of the xterm in which I started aos.
>
> UnixAos Boot Loader 03.04.2007
> Unix.$$
> Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing Threads
> Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing Reals
> Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing AosOut
> Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing AosModules
> Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing Exceptions
> Installing Oberon TrapHandler
> Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing FileDir
> Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing Files
> Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing AosActive
> Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing Types
> Kernel.CallBodies: Initializing AosLoader
> AosStarter.Start
> Starting System.Init
> Starting Oberon.Loop
>
> handler for signal 10 got called
> Oberon Traphandler:  signal = 10,  pc =  0005C1B1, sp =   BFFFDBA0,  ucp =  BFFF
> D8E8
> Starting Oberon.Loop
>
> handler for signal 10 got called
> Oberon Traphandler:  signal = 10,  pc =  0005C1B1, sp =   BFFFEC74,  ucp =  BFFF
> E9BC
> Starting Oberon.Loop
>
> What should I do?
>
>  Brantley

Hi Brantley

I'm a little perplexed. I use exactly the same Darwin version for deveopment and I
have no problems with compiling. Do you use the command PC.Compile?
Compiler.Compile does not work any more. The old compiler modules exist only
because some of them get imported by modules of the Oberon system.

-- Guenter