[Oberon] Re. display of Toshiba Satellite 205CDS.

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Wed Mar 26 14:53:44 MET 2008

> am> At the command line, run "debug"
>
> Is that in DOS or Aos?  I learned to use objdump in Debian
> and was able to duplicate your output.  Thanks!

Yes, debug is a good old DOS utility.
So, has it survived to the latest Win?

I've got a file which [mc which I previously mentioned] shows,
starts like:
00000000 33 C0 8E D0 | BC 00 7C FB | 50 07 50 1F

and: objdump -d <fileName> shows:
objdump: ./HexData: File format not recognized.

Although objdump -d <a proper executable file> disassembles OK.

So I guess you need to wrap the hex-bytes in a suitable [ELF type]
header; which is what I previously did with N-O 2001's Decoder*, but
some results were incompatible with DOS-debug. And I noticed that
Decoder.Obj was omitted from later versions of N-O.

Perhaps it's not reliable, although as I remember it's old.
Now I see it's packaged in my linux-oberon v 2.4.3 too.
But I must find my notes [and the *.Mod is missing] to use it.

We prefer to be able to work in N-O and not have to boot to DOS ?

== Chris Glur.