[Oberon] Syntax for hyperlinked 'Book' ?

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Sun May 25 17:47:57 MEST 2008

Via google-search I found that I've fallen in the same hole as
Peter Easthope did 6 years ago when he wrote:-
> I've studied the tutorial about Text2HTML but have
> been unable to find the commands.  Was Text2HTML
> decommissioned?

Since
http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/ethoberon/tutorial/Tutorials.html
tells how to make a nice hyperlinked document PLUS:
"With the provision of special tags the converter offers in addition the
automatic construction of a table of contents and of an index."

Then after you've spent time studying it you find that Text2HTML.*
would be needed, but is not available.

But there ARE such nice hyperlinked documents with table-of-contents
and index, called *.Book

Which apparently are manipulated with BooksDev.Panel
& BooksUser.Panel

But the syntax to write these 'books' seems not given anywhere.

The existing *.Book/s show how usefull this could be; eg. for the
Regul project where the documentation is presently scattered over:
Regul.Str, Regul.Tool, RegulDocumentation.Tool, RegulLicense.Text,
RegulQuickstart.Tool, RegulSemantics.Tool, RegulSyntax.Tool
..at least !

Q - can somebody please tell where to find the syntax to write
a text which is then compiled to give such a <hyperlinked>.Book  ?

So a *.Book on how to use Books* is needed; which could be created
as the first exercise once the syntax is known.

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.