[Oberon] Arrow-key substitute for mouse ?

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Aug 25 18:04:21 MEST 2008

I'm investigating a 4,5..8 button mouse/pointer, for handheld devices;
[probably with 'capacitance-sensing-buttons'].

And the first task [by the principle of hello-world/succesive-refinement]
would be for me to refresh my memory of how the existing 'move the
cursor/caret by the num-pad arrow-keys' feels.

But neither my N-O 2001, nor Linux ETH-oberon 2.4.3 will 'move the
cursor/caret by the num-pad arrow-keys'.
Nor do I find documentation referring to this facility on hand.

Am I dreaming that a version of N-O could do this - also diagonally ?

TIA for help with this trivial but annoying for me query,

== Chris Glur.