[Oberon] Platform independent IDE?

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 15:31:07 MET 2008

You should consider looking at Gardens Point component Pascal.

http://plas.fit.qut.edu.au/gpcp/

It can compile to either .NET or Java VM which means you can write programs that run
anywhere.  It uses the same language as BlackBox.  It would be nice to see all of the
BlackBox libraries ported to it, but so far nobody's taken on that challenge.  GPCP
has hooks to use with either the Visual Studio or Eclipse IDE.  There's even a simple
"compile over the web" IDE set up.  That would be the ultimate in cross platform
usability if it were extended.  (Think the old Modula-3 "reactor" platform).

Regards,

John M. Drake