[Oberon] Re: Web servers

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Wed Dec 31 13:54:41 MET 2008

Joerg wrote:-
> Your hosting provider (not the ISP) is www.verio.com. If you have your
> own server at home you won't need that any more.

Will it be economic to have a home-server, when boxes can be shutdown
and rebooted to the 'same state' by saving the relevevant RAM conditions
to disk ?

Altho' I don't pay for electricity, society pays for me.
Since 'laying out the various bits & pieces to familiar locations' is a
major task, in increasing productivety in eg. Linux, a killer app. which
is long over due, would allow a power-down and reboot to continue
from the same 'layout'.   I suspect it may already exist ?

== Chris Glur.

PS. 2 more trivial tasks that LEO + vnc allows you to do,
with the the look & feel of NO:
* spell check,
* someone complained that my NO email date fields were not
RFC compliant [NO's Sytem.Date 's output is not RFC compliant]
apparently linux's `date` output is.
Previously I'd have to paste it into a linux file and read that
with LEO, which is too much bother.  Now with LEO + vnc
you can see the field to be copyPasted all on the same screen.