[Oberon] OCP - Forum unavailable

Stefan Salewski mail at ssalewski.de
Sat Aug 8 21:28:56 MEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 14:59 +0930, Chris Glur wrote:

> Why is usenet, which was well designed/evolved by scientists
> being replaced by clik-kiddie-blogs, designed by art-students
> and marketers ?   Is there something more than the user-herd
> allowing themselves to be mis-led by Micro$loth ?
> Have all the adults died ?
>
> How can blogs ever hope to sustain threaded multi-cycle
> dialog, as still exists on eg.  sci.physics, comp.theory,
> comp.software-eng   ... ?
>
> == Chris Glur.

I think you confuse the term "Blog" with "Internet_forum" -- you did it
multiple times in the past. And you may ask yourself if it is really a
good idea to put a space in front of the question mark -- kids often do
this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

I also liked good old newsgroups better than forums, but in the last
years I have seen much stupid trash in newsgroups too.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski