[Oberon] OCP - Forum unavailable

Bob Walkden bob at web-options.com
Sat Aug 8 22:29:41 MEST 2009

> > Why is usenet, which was well designed/evolved by scientists being
> > replaced by clik-kiddie-blogs, designed by art-students
> > and marketers ?   Is there something more than the user-herd
> > allowing themselves to be mis-led by Micro$loth ?
> > Have all the adults died ?

What is to stop the scientists using usenet now? Then it won't be replaced.

> > How can blogs ever hope to sustain threaded multi-cycle dialog, as
> > still exists on eg.  sci.physics, comp.theory,
> > comp.software-eng   ... ?
> >
> > == Chris Glur.
> >

> I think you confuse the term "Blog" with "Internet_forum" --
> you did it multiple times in the past. And you may ask
> yourself if it is really a good idea to put a space in front
> of the question mark -- kids often do this...

In the typewriter days people were taught to put a space in front of the
sentence terminator (question mark, exclamation mark, full stop).

People find ways to communicate, somehow. Why, I remember my house tutor at
school used to receive 15-20 letters a day from people he communicated with
on all sorts of abstruse matters, mainly relating to classical Greek and
Latin. He would probably have preferred to use wax tablets and a stylus than
a pen and paper, but hey ho! The modern world.

Bob