[Oberon] Do Win-users have multi-file-editors too ?

Edgar Schwarz edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Sun Dec 6 22:42:29 MET 2009

Hi Chris,
no time for Oberon ATM, otherwise I also would have a look at Linux Oberon.
Chris Glur schrieb:
> I'm wondering if/how the Win-users manage to
> 1. write a report,
> 2. about the captured error messages,
> 3,4,5 related to the contents of the 3 'Mafefile/s',
> 6,7...which reference various sources;
>   without having an editor which can cutNpaste between
> 6 or more simultaneously visible text frames.

Notepad++ as a free editor for Windoze gives at least multiple tabs for
files and also a vertical split or additional editor windows.
In environments like Visual Studio oder Eclipse it`s possible to open
and arrange multiple files on your screen. Nevertheless I prefer the
Wirth style :-)
Also Emacs (Unix+Windows)  gives you the chance to have multiple open
files in your editor.
Some people also use vi (vim, elvis) on Unix.
> This thing's [I'm trying the smaller, 'wily' version of acme]
> configure/make,/compile..etc. C complex compiling system,
> shows errors in a source near:
> ] extern GC	_getfillgc(Fcode, Bitmap*, unsigned long);
> ] extern GC	_getcopygc(Fcode, Bitmap*, Bitmap*, int*);
> ] extern GC	_getgc(Bitmap*, unsigned long, XGCValues *);
>
> Since I don't know C/C++, does this mean:
> call 3-arg function _getgc, which is "defined in an external module named
> GC"?   Would 'GC' be a system-module ?

I guess GC is the return type of the function. C doesn't have a module
concept :-(

Cheers, Edgar