[Oberon] Do Win-users have multi-file-editors too ?

W B Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Tue Dec 8 03:26:57 MET 2009

Michaelian Ennis wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 4:17 AM, Chris Glur <easlab at absamail.co.za> wrote:
>> Since Peter Easthope pointed out the existence of the acme
>> [Wirth inspired] editor for Linux, I've eventually opened the
>
> Try acme-sac.  It's a little different in how it operates but it will
> run on Linux, osx, and windows.
>
> Ian

If you can find a copy of it BRIEF (for CP/M and DOS) handles multiple files up
to the limits (at the time) of the OS & media. ncurses-style interface.

Column-select operations were among the less-common (at the time) features it
supported. Complex stored macros and external procedure calls were among the
several anothers. Lovely tool for formating diverse data sources for upload to
SQL DB's for those of us who had no sed, awk, grep, rpl and friends.

CAVEAT: Last used (on OS/2 circa 1994), and I've never personally used it at all
on files larger than 20 MB, so it may hit the wall well below what 'modern'
systems support.

Bill Hacker