computer usage; was Re: AW: [Oberon] re. Need -/Aos.Par

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 7 17:35:41 MET 2010

cg> ... not used like N-O *WAS*.

FWIIW I still use PC Native Oberon as my primary workstation.
A Debian Linux system is beside it but NO is used for almost
all text editing, html editing, mail and FTP and perhaps half
of all Web browsing.  The Linux system is the LAN router and
handles pdf, fancy Web pages and etc.

ss> I'm not familiar with N-O, ...

For sake of intellectual interest and for professional
background, a few hours spent installing and trying NO
is a good investment.  This advice isn't meant to be
overbearing.  It's similar to saying to a friend
preparing for a trip to Europe, "Try to see the Louvre;
if you can get to St. Petersburg, don't miss the
Hermitage Museum."

I still insist that a computer be a tool, as efficient
as possible.  Commercial software developers do their
best to make computers an overwhelming industry and
too many administrators and IT staff accept this as if
there is no alternative.

Regards,       ... Peter E.

--
Google "pathology workshop"