Re (2): AW: [Oberon] Help! Boot hangs with "OBE"

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 6 19:14:07 MEST 2010

> BTW, how do I insure that I do not touch the A2 Boot Manager?

It isn't on the Oberon0 diskette.  It was written by A. Fischer
and released after the alpha release of Oberon0, as I recall.  Prior to BootMan,
other boot managers were used.  Ref.
http://www-old.oberon.ethz.ch/install.html
Appendix N: Adding Oberon to a boot manager
FWIIW, I used MasterBooter.

But if you want only to run Oberon, no boot manager is needed.
Just be sure to make the partition bootable in the last step of
the Oberon0 installation.

The whole installation process is quite straightforward and
painless, provided you follow the steps carefully.

Regards,                ... Peter E.

--
Carnot netboots *.SUN4C; installation of NetBSD 5 pending.
Personal site works;  http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/ .