[Oberon] Still can't boot

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Sat Aug 7 22:12:10 MEST 2010

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010, Frans-Pieter Vonck wrote:

> Hello Duke,
>
> are you shure your floppy disk is oke? I had similar problems and
> discovered that my oberon-0 disk was corrupt.
> I too have two redundant machines with native oberon on it.

Hey! Frans-Pieter...

I sure can try making a new floppy! The one that I'm using was created
from my Linux box using:

`dd bs=512 if=oberon0.dsk of=/dev/fd0'

Not problems were reported!

I can try using DOS `rawrite'! Do you think that it would make a
difference? I've never had a problem "booting" the Oberon installation
diskette, or any evidence of corrupt data. But maybe my problem _is_
the evidence?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Best...
--