[Oberon] New user tips

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Aug 9 13:52:49 MEST 2010

Chris Burrows wrote:
>The PDFs are great for searching
How do Windows-users extract 53 lines of text from a pdf to email
and 'edit & fax' ?
----------
Peter E. wrote:
> If you must have a hierarchical
> filesystem, then DOS or Linux or Windows Oberon
> are options.

Well, multi-partitions give one level of hierarchy.
N-O with a dozen partitions for different topics,
gave me better order/control than Linux's full dir-tree.
----------
>Is that how one issues commands in NO - terminating them with
>an asterisk (*) and not a ~ as in A2?
"*" means <use the marked [with F1] frame>
"^" means <use the selected [with RM] fileName>
LM=leftMouse; MM=MidMouse;RM=RightMouse - buttons.
Apparently your SystemTrackFrames have auto-used the
'compact MenuFrame' to fit in the narrow width.
So, MM on the left-most-button and use the resulting drop
down menu.
--------
You need to get a minmal system running and start reading:
System.Directory  *.Text
  will give a list of likely tutors
--------

Thanks,