[Oberon] Still can't boot

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Tue Aug 10 22:47:47 MEST 2010

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010, Peter Matthias wrote:

> Am Samstag 07 August 2010 schrieb Duke Normandin:
> > I've re-installed three times now - no joy! OBE_ is as far as it gets.
> > Anyone with _any_ ideas how to fix this boot issue, please queue up on
> > my right! ;D TIA...
>
> Hi Duke,
>
> what version are you trying to boot?
>
> I made a new distribution of Linux Native Oberon which you might want to try.
> It runs on a Linux framebuffer console. It's 1.2MB in size.

I'd love to try it out!

You might have read on the OCP Forum and on this list that thanks to
_a lot_ of help from the Oberon community, I've managed to boot NO
from the A2 BootManager. ;)

However, I'm also a *nix geek, so playing with Oberon from within
Linux, is also _very cool_ ! Is it something like G?ter Feldmann's
Aos for MacOS X?
--
Duke