Re (6): [Oberon] OFS aliases not being initialized

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 16 02:42:19 MEST 2010

Duke,

> I see what you were driving at!

This illustrates that writing understandable English
is no easier than writing understandable programming
text.

> Once System.Time eliminates the
> InitCommands section from being the culprit, then the balance of the
> file can be debugged by process of elimanation

Exactly.  Some milestones already show in the
System.Log, such as follows.

> A missing closing " in one of the Network items.

Your System.Log now has this line?
NetSystem started
Of course, until you know to look for that, it is no help.

By the way, I just noticed that the result from
DayTime.SetClock "172.23.5.1" ~
appears to be asynchronous.  So it isn't helping to check
progress of Oberon.Text.  System.Time should help though.

Making Oberon.Text work can require debugging.  Ouch.

Regards,            ... P.

--
VoIP 7785886232 is being cancelled.  Please use 13604502132.
Sparcstation 2 netboots netbsd; SCSI disks are being arranged.