[Oberon] System.CopyFiles - between partitions

Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net
Mon Aug 16 15:09:33 MEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Chris Glur wrote:
>

>> BTW ETHO works completely by reflex for me now.
>> I had to do-it and observe what my fingers automatically did
>>  to write what the 'clux' was.
>
> You bet! If you do something long enough, normally you get fairly good
> at it. That fact doesn't say _anything_ about how intuitive what you
> have learned over the years really is. Something "super-intuitive" can
> be learned in a moment - for most people - would you not agree?

Some former employees used the Oberon environment at my instigation.
They were resistant at first, but after a few months, I asked if they
ever tried to inter-click to make things happen when they were working
in other environments (yes) and if they ever tried to use the other
environment's methods to do things in Oberon (no).  I'm not sure that
suggest it is more intuitive, but it was clearly the subconscious's
method of choice.

Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.
1502 Devon Circle
Austin TX 78723-1814