[Oberon] Re. (3) How is ETHO with USB?

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Sun Aug 22 15:23:53 MEST 2010

 Alexander wrote:-

> >>   Does that technique depend on auto-run feature to be enabled
> >>   for the  CD-ROMs?
>
>   Does it also assume that a user is Administrator?

Does the concept of 'Administrator' exist for M$-Win ?

All the many linux texts, that I've read from the links posted
'here' need root/Administrator permission.

Why would the USB-device need to toggle its ID from fake-CDROM
to true-wirelessModem, when the 2 fraudsters are already
communicating, and have no good reason the pretend that they
are following ouside recognised standards?

Only PCs which have had the special driver installed, will see the
device's true ID. But only the PCs which don't have the device's
driver installed, need to know that a standard driver would work.

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.