processing of Oberon.Text; was Re: [Oberon] Re: A2 won't mount: AosFS, NatFS, FatFS

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 22 20:09:23 MEST 2010

Chris & everyone,

This is a second copy with a better subject.

From:	Chris Glur <easlab at absamail.co.za>
Date:	Sat, 21 Aug 2010 18:10:40 -0600 (MDT)
> Except that I suspect that the Oberon.Text is only
> read once at boot.

My understanding is that most of Oberon.Text is used
only at startup; but at least the DIAL scripts are
read on demand later.  You can make a modem connection,
terminate it, change the DIAL script and invoke it
for the next connection, without rebooting.  Still,
ETHNO reboots faster than most other systems.

Regards,         ... Peter E.

--
VoIP 7785886232 is being cancelled.  Please use 13604502132.
Sparcstation 2 netboots netbsd; SCSI disks are being arranged.