[Oberon] selecting all text in a viewer

Frans-Pieter Vonck fp at vonck.nl
Mon Aug 30 11:27:19 MEST 2010

Hi Duke,

you might consider the book Into the Realm of Oberon of Eric Nikitin.
It is not about the Oberon System itself, but an concise introduction in
oberon programming. It is currently been used at the University of Antwerp
in a first year programming course (Professor Frans Arickx).

I've a zip file with the answers of Reiser/Wirth's book. If you're
interested I can send it to you.

After teaching Java at a highschool last year, Oberon is such a clear en
refreshing experience.
I think the Oberon System as a teaching tool for programming it is totally
under valued. Not only because it is a transparent and intelligible, but
also you escape to google and cannot run youtube on it. It is just you're
brain, a grey canvas and a verbose compiler.

Greets,
F.P.