[Oberon] problem with code

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sat Sep 4 04:32:12 MEST 2010

This is the process I went through:

1. I scrolled down the trap viewer until I got to the part which references
your code:

Font2Courier12.Highlight  PC = 79
	T =  009CC780H Texts.TextDesc
	fnt =  00000000H (Fonts.FontDesc)

2. This tells me that the value of fnt is zero which makes me suspect the
line:

  fnt := Fonts.This("Courier12.Scn.Fnt ");

3. I guessed that zero means that the font could not be found.

4. I confirmed that the font was present.

5. Maybe the problem is the trailing blank in the font name?

6. Edited, recompiled and it works!

To make your code more stable, check that fnt is not NIL before calling
Texts.ChangeLooks

Regards,
Chris Burrows

CFB Software
Astrobe: ARM Oberon-07 Development System
http://www.astrobe.com