[Oberon] Re: Address Book for Multimail, etc

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Tue Sep 28 03:00:25 MEST 2010

 Peter wrote:
> > A regular expression processor, RX or Gerard Meunier's Regul, is
> > ideal for extracting a list from this text.
> > Extract all bcc addresses: RX.Grep * "bcc:".
> > Extract all SIP addresses: RX.Grep * "|sip:".

That would be for people with BIG mailing  adrs-lists !
Like politicians ?

> > That's a bit better. I bet a person could hack some sort of "alias"
> > expansion thing with that tool - if a person wanted to bother. :)

I use the 'alias' method -aka macro-expansion.
The 2 keys, e<insert> produce:----
To: .... at .....
Cc: crglur at gmail.com
Date: Day Month 2010
From: Chris Glur <easlab at absamail.co.za>
Subject:
-----------
and the date/time and some lines of
email addresses, from which I copyPaste.

Every tenth time I paste wrongly.
N-O gives you plenty of freedom - to make mistakes.
A particular problem is not noticing a spurious leading space.

The alias/macro-generator tool is initialised by
EditKeys.Definitions ^
And it can do many other tricks, like preposition-loading my
personalTool by: s<insert>

When I started using N-O the Mail.Panel didn't connect on
my PC, so I've stayed with the more primitive Mail.Tool and I
have the commands available on my personal menu/Tool.
But what surprises me, is that being in darkENING africa, I
needed to modify Mail*Mod years ago to cater for the then
new <senderAuthenticate> requirement, which N.Americans
don't use/need -- apparently.
---------- Duke wrote:
> LNO does not support networking available
> on Linux, and neither does the "other" NO on Linux.

I use leo for email, live-fetch http, newsgroups,
telnet ..all at the same time as linux-lynx ..etc.

Previously I used LNO, but when it was updated
I failed to get the frameBuffer version working.
Can you have multiple LNOs running under linux, each
connected to the internet, like leo?
What is the latest version of LNO?
The extra facility of LNO which leo lacks, is the ability to
access N-O partitions - as I recall.

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.

PS. I normally don't use leo for html, because it often Traps;
and since http-graphics is usually garbage, you can use lynx to
d/l multiple URL's texts to a file/s while you're doing your
email, etc.  But I want to see the diagrams/graphs on
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/

And leo allows you to select the graphics that you want
individually. And the results are SOOOO superior to anything
else that I've used:
* you can multi-colour the words/phrases as you are reading
the text;
* and delete and add you own comments;
* and paste the sequence to a single file, with your own index
  at the top.
* relaoding the file/<evolvingBook> is immediate compared to
 opera [my claimed to be fasterst full-feature-browser].

What other 'browser' can nearly offer these important HUMAN
INTERFACE facilities ?!

The last ETHO-browser trap that I read was <index out of range>
-- which I vaguely remember fixing on my N-O system,
some years back.  I'd spend some effort in 'maintaining'
the leo browser if I knew that it was the latest version and
the maintnance would be 'folded back' into the system.
Of course you can't use the ETHO browser to fetch your
https-web-based annoying gmail.  But for many jobs it
IS the best tool.

PSS. there's something that I've never got an answer to:
in many emails and https, there often appear strange chars
eg. for <single quote>. I suspect that they originate from
Micro$loth-Word or some similar. What is wroing with the
normal <single quote> which is a standard ascii-char?
So when you see these annoying quirks with ETHO, you just
use <search>, <replaceAll>.  Importantly, you are reading
and analysing the text [and I usually multi-colour-mark it
if it's important], so cleaning the M$-quirks is little extra
effort to add-value.