Re (2): [Oberon] Pasting text from Linux to LNO

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Tue Oct 12 00:38:07 MEST 2010

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, peasthope at shaw.ca wrote:

> From:	Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net>
> Date:	Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:35:31 -0600 (MDT)
> > I suppose its efficient - once you're in your "address book".
>
> For me the address book is my personalized System.Tool,
> currently about 240 kB.
>
> > ... not automatically formatted for an email message. Lines are too long!
>
> FWIIW I'm in the habit of using the [Enter] key.  At least one
> correspondent complains that lines in my messages are too short!
> Can't please everyone.

A useful system will have an MUA that can be configured to wrap a msg
line at the appropriate line length fir Internet mail. After all, what
is software all about, if not to automate tasks :)

> On the other hand, line breaking is part the principle of Web
> browser responsibility for presentation of a document.  If
> anything.html contains ASCII text and is opened with
> Desktops.OpenDoc, lines will be wrapped to fit the viewer.  Adapt
> Mail.Open so that it treats a message as an html text.  Just an
> idea; I've never pursued it.

That might be worth pursuing - if Mail.Open was on my system, which I
can seem to activate. OTOH, it might be a whole lot simpler to simply
use MultiMail and "copy" an email address to a set caret in the To:
field.
--
Duke