[Oberon] NO still lives a little bit

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Mon Nov 22 04:15:59 CET 2010

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010, Frans-Pieter Vonck wrote:

> Hello Duke and others,
>

> for me the personal pages of Jan and Niklaus are sources of deep
> inspiration.  Their accounts of computer life read like novels. They
> give us hope for a less complicated world where man is master of
> desktop.  And for everything else...indeed there is Belgian beer ans
> Swiss chocolate.

I too enjoy reading Jan personal webpages, and can relate with his
programming journeys. I too prefer an umcomplicated, simple computing
environment. That's why I prefer the Unix CLI, whenever possible. I
pretty much "live" within emacs. I use Al(Pine) as my MUA of choice,
instead of a GUI client. I also use RMAIL within emacs. Having said
that, there are scenarios where a GUI is worth its weight in gold, and
I don't shrink from it. It's great that Oberon can be enjoyed in both
environments.

Swiss chocolate I already have experienced. Jan introduced me to two
brands of Belgium beer. A Flemish friend here in my home town, totally
agrees with Jan being very good beer. So now I have to find some
locally. :)

BTW, I enjoy a mailing list that is noy always too serious; where we
all can have a chat and a chuckle every once in a while.

--
Duke