[Oberon] Building a CGI module

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Mon Nov 22 19:33:27 CET 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010, Frans-Pieter Vonck wrote:

Hi ...

> Jan Verhoeven has a section about cgi programming with Mocka (Modula-2).
> http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl/cgi/index.html

I saw that. I may port his cgi module to Oberon.

> Actually his fruttenboel website is made with a framework he totally wrote
> in Modula.

he did a fine job!

> I also tried cgi programming with XDS Oberon both on linux and windows and
> it worked.

Good to know! I find XDS a bit of a challenge to get it to work for
me. Maybe it's because it seems to be a mixture of Modula-2 and
Oberon-2. I know Modula-2 less than I know Oberon-2 - and that's next
to nothing (yet).

> Is it not possible to write the program itself in Oberon instead of pearl?

I hope so! In order for that to happen, I need a procedure - like
"getenv(some_env_var)" that will fetch the state of all the CGI
environment variables. I don't think that Oberon ships with such a
procedure in any of its library modules. Might need to "import" some C
code - depending on the compiler.

> I remember that there are some Modules written in Oberon that offered the
> use of regular expressions.

That would be useful too.

> BTW.Jan just joined the mailing group and will be able to answer your
> answer himself soon.

He just told me. That's good! L8r...
--
Duke