[Oberon] Null record fieldlists (was: Oberon Wiki)

Frans-Pieter Vonck fp at vonck.nl
Mon Jan 10 00:26:54 CET 2011

Thanks Chris,

your syntax diagrams are very hepfull. Brings back recollections of my
first introduction in programming in 1986 with the "Silver Book" of Wirth
and Jensen. Although at that time I found it quiet intimidating. In the
lectures the diagram was presented as something that you had to memorize
before you could make your first program. Gues computer time at the VAX
was still precious so they had to find ways to fill the curiculum.
Nowadays we have a shorter EBNF thanks to Niklaus efforts. Unluckely for
Oberon computer time has become to inexpensive.

Greets,
F.P.