[Oberon] Oberon Digest, Vol 84, Issue 3

Joe Scrutiniz3r scruty at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 10 12:24:58 CET 2011

> I also found that in the Oberon07 reports that the WITH statement is
> omitted, however there is no explanation why this was done. From the
> examples of the Wiki pages I could not conclude myself why leaving WITH
> out of the language was a good thing.

NW explained why there is no WITH at the time of Oberon[-01].
sorry, I don't have a link; maybe it was in his 'differences between M2 and Oberon.'

anyway, he said WITH is not needed. to understand that,
one must go back to the reason he introduced it in M2,
which was because he tought it could be used for code
optimization - maybe [even] via hardware support (MMU).