[Oberon] ETHO for linux

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Tue Jan 25 00:37:33 CET 2011

You should relate/link the 'Subject' or cited text to the previous poster.

> I am slightly confused by your posting on the Oberon list.
>
> The two lastest versions of Oberon I have on my Debian Linux machine are
> Oberon V4.0-1.7.02 and ETH Oberon(2.4) for Linux. i.e. hosted as
> applications on Linux OS.
>
> The latest version of ETH Native Oberon seems to be in
> NativeOberon_2.3.7.tar which is an archive of the Native Oberon disk
> set. i.e. runs on i386 hardware as the only OS.

I'm running 3 LEO's currently.
I'll start another to see what Version it is.
In order to paste from *that* one to here, I've got to go via a linux-file,
which I access via a  <keyMacro>
----------> boot-info is:
ETH Oberon (2.4.3) for Linux x86
System.Time 25.01.2011 00:35:27
Host System Info:
        sysname: Linux
        nodename: localhost.localdomain
        release: 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
        version: #1 Wed Oct 29 15:42:51 EST 2003
        machine: i686
----------
> The Plan 9 editor which is modeled after the NO interface is Acme. The
> contribution to its appearance and operation of NO is fully acknowledged
> on the website.
Yes.

Perhaps the mention of LNO confused you.
That's different from LEO.

I haven't use V4 lately, because I couldn't see how to use its NewsReader,
and LEO is good for seeing the <dir from where it's started> as 'local'.
Probably V4 can also be set to do that, but life is short.

== Chris Glur.

PS. it seems that my modified LEO mailer *CAN* again get through my ISP's
TxAuthorisation; so I'm mailing this from LEO, with a Cc confirmation to my
<not same ISP>