[Oberon] Dan Parnete/etc. Dbase

easlab-absa easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Apr 11 05:05:22 CEST 2011

I was just reading my 2003 archive re. Dan Parnete's
data-base for Oberon. Yes I can easily find ETHO & *ase*.

I'm not sure that a database is what I URGENTLY need, to
locate, in ca. 1'000 paper-documents:
present physical location of <regularExpression: name>;
location of all docs which relate to topic1 & topic4;
...etc.

Perhaps dataBase is not most suitable for when I eg.
move one of the 2 papers ' bla Hulett bla1', 'bla2 Hulett'
to filing cabinet3, draw2 I want the dbase to be able to
tell me 13 weeks later where to find <all the 'Hulet'>.

And to list that Hulett:1 belongs to class Y and Z,
and that Hulett:2 belongs to classes X and Z.

And to be able to add/map further attributes, as I become
familiar with the capabilities of the utility.

Of course the utility must be immediately available; not
like some monster which takes 90 seconds to start-up. And
since I've always got [a few] Linux-ETHO running, that
would be a suitable platform.

Please advise.

== Chris Glur.