[Oberon] Gentle mouse speed?

easlab-absa easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Apr 18 15:06:49 CEST 2011

I was just searching re. 'Dan Parnete, Data base' on my old
N-O box, which has a serial mouse.    What a pleasure!

The first optical mouse that I got, was too fast; but I
thought the hardware was defective. And by the time I got
another one, which was only slightly slower, I had forgotten
the problem, by getting used to it.

I've had several optical mouse since then; and a new USB
mouse on A4. But the old serial N-O is remarkably smooth.

A jerky mouse can really put a new user off of using/testing
ETHO.  And my present speed under LEO & LNO is
defenitely too fast.
But this may be determined by the underlying linux?

Actually this ONE now ON leo IS ok.
But the ONE of Friday was too neurotic.
It's difficult to keep track of several installations on different
machines.

Have other users got experience/ideas?

Thanks,

== Chris Glur