[Oberon] FW: A2 Change-Log

Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net
Thu May 5 18:47:35 CEST 2011

A few years ago, I did build a modified release CD for AOS on an AOS
machine.  There are a few drivers without source, due to NDA issues.  I
modified the files to deal with that issue, and also to keep a copy of the
cannonical.whatever.file in addition to the file I had modified.

It took a weekend or so to have a modified release CD that would, in turn,
rebuild itself.  One trick was to have two copies of some files, the
mycopy.whatever and whatever on the CD image.

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Treutwein Bernhard <
Bernhard.Treutwein at verwaltung.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:

> > > Sure, I have to use Windows for creating the ISO, but
> an orphaned PIII 933 is more than enough to compile, link
> and build the A2 image in about 20 minutes ...
>

> > ReallY? You are joking! :)
>
> oh yeah, see: http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Development/Builds
> especially Section 3
>
> To my knowledge the A2 Subversion client is not yet functional
> enough to update an A2 installation ...
>
> I even suspect that the non-existence of directories in AosFS
> would make it very difficult to create a new Release in Native A2 ...
>
> regards
>    Bernhard

Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.
1502 Devon Circle