[Oberon] Re (2): RISC / Can ETHO be ported to ARM?

Jörg Straube joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sat Nov 3 09:28:59 CET 2012

Hi Peter E.

> That's how a book works(*).  You pick up a book, open it and read.
> No need to wait for "boot up".  When finished with the current
> reading, just close the book with no need for Store.
>
> * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFAWR6hzZek

I like your analogy with the book. Actually, the existing eReaders do not behave like a book
although they should!
Today, you have to turn an eReader on and after reading you turn it off (like a computer)
But as the bistable e-Ink display does not need any battery power, the display should always be "on". There is no harm nor battery drain to leave the text "on".
You only need the battery/computer power to turn pages or to edit text, so only the "interactive" part of a book should be turned on and off.

my 2 cents
Jörg