[Oberon] Oberon on ARM/Pi

Michal Wallace michal.wallace at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 22:34:39 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Jan Verhoeven <jan at verhoeven272.nl> wrote:
> On Sunday 04 November 2012 18:21:13 Michal Wallace wrote:
>> I was looking for a very small VM that could run anywhere, including
>> inside other virtual machines. ( Like atop flash or dot net, or even
>> the JVM )
>
> How about one running in a DOSbox?

Hi Jan,

Wasn't sure, so I had to try it... So far, the answer is "almost".

After shortening some filenames, my freepascal port of ngaro compiled
and runs with freepascal for dos under DOSbox 0.74. :)

The current version has some major display issues, but that's because
I'm relying on ANSI codes for color instead of using freepascal's
video unit correctly... Other than that, I think it's working.

Were you just curious? If you actually want to use it, I'd be happy to
get it working completely. Otherwise, I'm going to focus on the
compiler side.