[Oberon] Can ETHO be ported to ARM?

Peter Matthias PeterMatthias at web.de
Tue Nov 6 18:42:47 CET 2012

Am Dienstag, 6. November 2012, 09:42:09 schrieben Sie:
> The same way as S3/V4 got massive leverage by riding on top of the
> linux-eco-system, so also ETHO should ride on top of the ARM-eco-system
> instead of reinventing the stack-based architecture which was discussed
> in the 60's Burrough's article?     Or?

I fully agree with your opinion, however, S3/V4 seems to be dead for ETHZ. I
offered to upgrade my Linux based Native Oberon several times without response.
Also ETHZ seems to have the compiler running on the Pi. However, I did not get
a response yet if it is possible to get the compiler. Thats a little
frustrating.

BTW: The latest LNO is now available at http://www.pmatthias.de/oberon/

Should run on 32bit framebuffer and 32bit X11 in X86 Linux with 32bit ABI.
Framebuffer version can not switch from X11 to LNO directly, switch to different
console first.

Peter