[Oberon] Help in using an Oberon systems.

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Wed Dec 12 20:11:24 CET 2012

On Wednesday 12 December 2012 19:54:21 Duke Normandin wrote:

> I would strongly suggest that you change your mind and walk away
> from Oberon!! It is a complete waste of time, IMHO.

Hey, no strong words, dear duke of 'azard! You're in church here!

> Invest your time with something like:
>
> https://www.haiku-os.org/

Sound like japanese. How can you rely on a japanese OS if they cannot
even build nuclear power plants that survive a tsunami followed by an
earth quake?

> There, your skills will be put to good use on an active
> and Open Source Project!!

Dear Mr Cowboy,

Oberon is a piece of ART. It is CULTURE. Something people from the New
World apparently neither seem to understand nor appreciate. Period.

But, as usual, you make a point.

Oberon as an OS is not of these times. But, if you want to know ABOUT an
OS, then it is superb. An OS that can be understood and maintained by a
single person. Or when you want to read and understand "Compiler
Construction"....

> BTW, it seems that before a person is able to productively use the
> Oberon OS, on top of Linux, you need to know what LEO is, AND how
> to use it!!!!  But there is nobody willing to divulge THAT secret,
> here.  So you will frustrated until the day you walk away. Better
> do it now!!!   LOL ....

You should know that by now.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,